Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu – A Global Pandemic Not Many Dead

I don’t think that I am given to ostrich like tendencies and burying my head in the sand is not my usual adopted position. However I can’t get excited about the current outbreak of Swine Flu. The media would have us believe that millions of us are all about to catch this dreaded lurgy and hundreds and thousands of us will be dying in the streets. RUBBISH!!

The truth, as far as I can see, is that some several hundreds of people in this country will suffer a varying degree of flu like symptoms. Some, the very young, the very old, the weak and the infirm may die (or may have their demise hastened by this additional complication). Why then are we being subjected to this mass propaganda campaign? Could it just be that the newspapers and broadcast media have decided that we are tired of hearing about the economy and they now need a new story to try and capture our attention?

No comments: